How to add Authorize.Net to most major shopping carts
When it comes to accepting online payments, integrating payment processing into your shopping cart is crucial. Authorize.Net is a popular payment gateway with great features and secure transaction processing.
As an A+ rated and BBB-accredited resource specializing in high-risk Authorize.Net merchant account recommendations, we interact with hundreds of website owners each year. Below, we will guide you through integrating Authorize.Net into some leading shopping cart platforms: Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, and even Wix and Squarespace – with our recommended solutions.
Note: Our article continues below the table of contents. If you sell a regulated or high-risk product – please read our High-risk Authorize.Net page as well.
Typical shopping cart integrations require at least two items: API Log-in and a Transaction Key. You can think of these like a username and password – but you do not choose them yourself.
How to generate your API Log-in and Transaction Key in Authorize.Net
- Sign up for Authorize.Net – if you sell a regulated product or have been turned down, read more about high-risk Authorize.Net accounts here.
- Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click API Credentials & Keys under General Security Settings.
- Click the button next to New Transaction Key and click Submit.
- Authorize.net will want to email you a code to verify your identity – follow the instructions and complete this new code verification.
- The API Log-in ID and Transaction Key generated for your payment gateway account will appear. Once you have initially created your API Log-in ID, you may not change it in the Merchant Interface, so copy and paste this for your records.
Shopify is a widely used e-commerce platform known for its user-friendly interface and extensive app ecosystem. To integrate Authorize.Net with Shopify, follow these steps:
- If you need a new Authorize.Net payment gateway or merchant account, contact us anytime for free, friendly advice.
- Access your Shopify admin dashboard.
- From the sidebar, navigate to “Settings” and click on “Payment providers.”
- At the bottom of the page, click “Switch to third-party providers,” then select “Authorize.Net.”
- Enter your Authorize.Net API Log-in ID and Transaction Key, as described above.
- Save the changes by clicking “Activate,” and Authorize.Net will be integrated into your Shopify store, allowing you to process payments seamlessly.
WooCommerce is a popular plugin for WordPress websites, enabling easy e-commerce functionality. Here’s how to integrate Authorize.Net with WooCommerce:
- Set up a new Authorize.Net payment gateway and merchant account. Learn more about Authorize.Net, payment gateways, and merchant accounts on our Authorize.Net resource page.
- Install and activate a WooCommerce plugin on your WordPress website. Contact us for recommendations.
- Go to the WooCommerce settings page and navigate to the “Payments” tab.
- Click on “Authorize.Net” from the available payment options.
- Enter your Authorize.Net API Log-in ID and Transaction Key.
- Save the changes, and Authorize.Net will be integrated with your WooCommerce store, enabling secure payment processing.
BigCommerce is a feature-rich e-commerce platform that offers a range of customization options. To integrate Authorize.Net with BigCommerce, follow these steps:
- Log in to your BigCommerce admin panel. If you need a new Authorize.Net account – Contact us to learn more.
- Go to the “Store setup” tab in the left sidebar of your BigCommerce dashboard and click “Payments.”
- Select “Online payment methods” from the drop-down menu and choose “Authorize.Net” as your payment gateway by selecting the “Set-up” button.
- Follow the instructions to enter your Authorize.Net API Log-in ID, and Transaction Key – when prompted for “Merchant ID,” simply enter “Authorize.Net.”
- Save the changes to complete the integration, allowing you to accept payments through Authorize.Net on your BigCommerce store.
Wix and Squarespace are popular website builders known for their simplicity and design flexibility. We integrate Authorize.Net with Wix or Squarespace using a 3rd party called Foxy. You can learn more on our Foxy Cart info page.
Integrating Authorize.Net into your shopping cart is a straightforward process that allows you to offer secure payment options to your customers. Whether you’re using Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Wix, or Squarespace, following the steps outlined above will enable you to leverage the benefits of Authorize.Net and provide a seamless payment experience for your online store.
Remember, though, if you sell a high-risk or regulated item, an adequately underwritten merchant account is essential for the success of your e-commerce business. Tasker Payment Gateways LLC can provide you with expert advice and assistance in integrating high-risk payment gateways.
Feel free to reach out to us for further guidance and recommendations by filling out the short form below.
Note: The integration steps may vary depending on updates made by the respective platforms.