How to integrate Authorize.Net within Shift4Shop
Lately, we have had a handful of clients both high risk and low risk, speaking highly about Shift4Shop. In addition to NMI, and eProcessing Network, we are setting folks up with Authorize.Net as well and it is working out very well for them. The Authorize.Net set up within Shift4Shop is super simple. Below is a general outline of the basic steps involved.
Setting up your Authorize.Net Gateway within Shift4Shop
Authorize.Net has 2 portions of data that are used to verify your website with your authorize.net account.
- API Login
- Transaction Key
To acquire your API login and transaction key please use the following steps:
- Log into your authorize.net account
- Click on the “ACCOUNT” tab on the top right.
- Scroll down and click on the API login and Transaction Key
FYI: If this is the first time clicking on the above section of your Authorize Net account, you will be prompted to create a new set of passwords. This step is mandatory and ensures the safety of your account.
- Login to your Shift4Shop Online Store Manager
- Go to Settings…Payment…Online Methods
- Click on the “Add New” button.
- Choose Authorize.net in the Payment Method drop-down tab.
- Click “Save”
- In the newly placed Authorize.net section, enter your API Login into the API Login ID field.
- Click the icon next to the ‘n/a’ in the Transaction Key field to type in the Transaction Key
- Click “Save”
- To make sure the payment gateway is integrated properly, click on the “TEST” button. If it is, you will see a declined transaction in your Authorize.net account.
Please check your Authorize.Net account settings and be sure there is no data entered in the Default Receipt Link URL field. This field must be blank.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us regardless of who your vendors are, we are always happy to help out budding e-commerce champions!